beep n : a short high tone produced as a signal or warning [syn: bleep]
2 call, summon, or alert with a beeper
- , /biːp/, /bi:p/
Translationsthe sound of a the horn of a car
- Swedish: tut
- (electronically produced): bleep
- To sound (something that makes a beep).
- The motorists in the traffic jam were getting more and more frustrated and started beeping their horns.
- To have intercourse
- Jason beeped with Sharlene after they had drank a few beers.
- To produce a beep.
Beep may refer to:
- Beep (sound), a noise, generally of a single tone, often generated by a machine
- BEEP, (Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol) a framework for creating network application protocols
- Beep (SWBLW), a switcher locomotive
- Beep (song), a song by the Pussycat Dolls
- Beep Media Player, a free audio player
- BEEP (beverage), a beverage currently available in Nova Scotia, Canada, formerly also available in Saskatchewan, Canada
beep in French: Bip